Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The Fur Balls

So here is the real reason for the blog.... I couldn't find anyone answering from a personal side how they moved their pets and time lines. I got the New Zealand paperwork, no worry but there was gray I couldn't figure out.


***THIS BLOG IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE JUST A GUIDE TO MY EXPERIENCE****

***THIS POST IS A START OF THE PROCESS AND WILL HAVE MORE UPDATES AS TIME GOES ON***


OK now that everyone knows I'm just a normal-ish human... Here where we are in getting my pets to New Zealand in our move.


May 2017--- Micro Chip the Cats $125 each

June 2017--- Rabies booster for Dog, cats, and various other normal shots $500

Late June 2017--- Testing for rabies titer and a few other dog only issues $200 each rabies, $188 and $123 for "other dog issues". (NEXT WEEK)

This is where we are. I love how:
1. I don't know when my well cared for 11 year old dog is going to get on a plane. Likely 3 months after his blood is drawn for the titers.
2. Free barn kittens don't get microchips! ARGGGGGGGG Enjoy your $250 of fancy you silly fur balls.
3. Only one place in the United States can do a titer test. I got my degree in Econ and that seems like a BIG issue with prices staying artificially high... Just saying...


But its all worth it for these sweet fur balls....

Meet Reno... 11 year old Golden Retriever/Doberman/Beagle... Been with me since I was in college....
And Liverpool (red collar) and Newcastle (blue collar and tag)... My long haired black cats that were "adopted" from a friend's barn during my divorce proceedings. Liverpool is known to try to wake you up by loudly purring and Newcastle is my adventurous cat who in 98% of pictures has a "disapproving cat" face.

No comments:

Post a Comment